Best Home Remedies for Unwanted Hair
Please see below the best Home Remedies for Unwanted Hair.
Before we begin with the remedies it is important to understand what causes them to grow. There is a hormone called androgen, males produce high levels of these hormones, if the levels of these hormones increases in women, unwanted hair start to grow and the condition is called “Hirsutism”.
Certain plants contain compounds that have a function similar to that of estrogen – these are called as phytoestrogens. Researchers are studying the effect of phytoestrogens in patients with hormonal imbalances; results indicate that consuming foods rich in phytoestrogens helps reduce the hair growing on the face. Licorice (jethimadhu),alfalfa (rajko or rijaka), flaxseeds, fennel (saunf) and Gotu Kola (brahmi in north India) are some of the plants that have been found to contain high concentrations of phytoestrogens. Try to include these in your cooking on a regular basis and check if it makes a difference to your complaint of hirsutism.
Here are the most effective remedies to remove unwanted hair from the face, legs and underarms:
This remedy does work on any age person but the only thing is that you really need to be persistent…if you apply this daily and scrub it in opposite direction of the hair growth is essential so scrub from down to up.
Take equal amount of all grain listed below dry in the sun for day or two and then make a powder out of it. You can store this for six months to year.
Remedy #1 for Unwanted Hair
- Make a powder of all these ingredients
- Green gram dal (with ‘chilka’ or its outer skin covering).
- Urad dal (with ‘chilka’ or its outer skin covering).
- Chana dal
- Take 2 tablespoon of these powders make a paste with water or yogurt you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder Apply this to the surface of the skin, gently massaging it in. Wash off with cold water. A number of treatments might be required before results can be seen.
Remedy #2 for Unwanted Hair
- Yogurt, Gram Flour & Turmeric
- Take 2 tablespoon yogurt, 2 tablespoon gram flour and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and apply it to your facial hair. Let it dry and gently rub it off. Frequent use of this mixture for a few months will remove facial hair permanently.
- After sometime when it starts to dry, scrub it off gently. This would gradually reduce body hair over a period of time.
Remedy #3 for Unwanted Hair
- Mix ¼ cup of sugar with 2 tsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice in 5 oz of water.
- Mix well and then apply it on the face in the direction of the hair growth.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water, rubbing the facial area gently.
- The granular sugar and lemon mixture will act as a gentle exfoliating agent and remove facial hair.
- The lemon juice will act as an astringent and natural antiseptic.
- Repeat once a week.
Please visit our home remedies for Hair.